LIVORNO THE PORT FOR TUSCANY

Port of Livorno 2000 s.r.l. is the Company created by the Livorno Port Authority - presently owning  the 72%  of the shares – to  manage the Passenger Port, the Cruise Ship and Ferry Terminals, offering all the operative and logistic services to the ships and their passengers. The remaining 28% of the shares belongs to the Livorno Chamber of Commerce.

The company was founded in 1996 and presently has a social capital amounting to Euro 2.800.000.

The company Porto 2000 has a duly issued and valid license and concession from the Livorno Port Authority to manage and operate the areas of the Port of Livorno where any passenger traffic is performed (P.A. Register of Concessions n.116 dated 27/10/2006 expiring 31/12/2019).

The Concession includes:

1800 linear meter of piers;
- 70.000 sq.meters of areas of which 5.000 sheltered

Thanks to its strategic geographical position, Livorno is the natural Gateway to the  Art Cities of Tuscany, which can be  reached in very short time thanks to the very good rail and road connections.  The development of the port area and its infrastructures has contributed to its growth.In facts, since  Port of Livorno 2000 was established the passengers sector has become an attractive investment. New docks for luxury cruise ships have been created inside the “Porto Mediceo”, located in the centre of the City; three warehouses have been completely restored and they are now available as the cruise ship terminals and the ferry boat terminal.

Huge resources have been spent towards the development of safety and security and towards the improvement of service quality. Porto di Livorno 2000 is certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 quality standard, ISO 14001:2004 environment standard and BS OHSAS 18001:2007, the Standard for occupational health and safety management system.

Livorno is mainly destination port and in the last years hosted on average 500 cruise ship calls per year for about one million passengers, mainly in transit.  Livorno two well-equipped cruise terminals can  handle   the ships using Livorno as Home  Port, taking advantage of the air connections possible through the neighbour Pisa Intercontinental Airport. This Airport, located only a few Kms from Livorno, is well connected to many European destinations such as UK, Scandinavia and Germany. More over the splendid Art Cities of Florence, Pisa, Siena and Lucca can be reached from Livorno’s berths in a short time. World famous wine yards in Bolgheri, beaches and natural parks of Mediterranean Tuscany and Etruscan ruins represent alternative to classic Tuscany Tours, confirming Livorno the unique marquee port for Tuscany.

Livorno is also well-known ferry port, as terminus of important lines connecting Italy to Sardinia, Corsica and Capraia Islands.

Presently Porto 2000 facilities include in concession/long term location: 11 port berths for cruise ships and ferries; 100.000 sqm. Cruise and ferry operation areas; 3 cruise and ferry terminals, 15.000 sq.m. parking areas.

The Port Authority and the Municipality of Livorno have approved a project to extend the passenger port which provides new docks and a structured reception dedicated to the passengers. In particular the priority has been given to berths for cruise ships in the Alto Fondale dock 46/47, where in 2013 and 2014 an existing warehouse was restructured, creating a new terminal for the mega cruise ship in transit, offering also wide spaces for turn-around of the passengers.

Subscribe to MedCruise Newsletter