Set up in Rome on the 11th of June 1996, MedCruise is the Association of Mediterranean Cruise Ports. MedCruise's mission is to promote the cruise industry in the Mediterranean and its adjoining seas. The Association assists its members in benefiting from the growth of the cruise industry by providing networking, promotional and professional development opportunities.
Today, the association has grown to 73 members representing more than 100 ports around the Mediterranean region, including the Black Sea, the Red Sea and the Near Atlantic, plus 31 associate members, representing other associations, tourist boards and ship/port agents.
Objectives of MedCruise
- To promote the Mediterranean area as a cruise destination and more specifically the MedCruise members.
- To increase the efficiency of cruise member ports by exchanging information relative to cruise passenger traffic, new tourism developments in geographical areas where cruise ports are located, new techniques or technologies on cruise ports development, organisation, administration and management.
- To increase the efficiency of member ports by providing information on industry developments; statistics; and best practices related to cruise port development and management.
- To formulate common positions, policies or plans on questions of common interest on cruise-related policies to present to policymakers at regional and international fora.
- To develop and foster good relations and collaboration among all cruise ports of the world and the cruise industry.
- To achieve a well balanced Association serving ports of different sizes, and from diverse regions, countries and cultures.
- To provide its members marketing, networking and professional development tools and forums.
10, Akti Miaouli str.
Tel: +30 210 4550 282
Fax: +30 210 4550 286