Bringing the Med together
promotes the cruise industry and unites the
ports of ‘Mare Nostrum’ and its adjoining seas
The Association of Mediterranean Cruise Ports
The mission of MedCruise is to promote the cruise industry in the Mediterranean and its adjoining seas.
The Association assists its members in benefiting from the growth of the cruise industry by providing networking, promotional, as well as professional development opportunities.
Established in Rome on the 11th of June 1996, by a collaborative agreement between 16 ports in seven different countries, the MedCruise membership spreads today in 22 countries, and is located in three different continents, Africa, Asia and Europe. MedCruise represents more than 150 ports and 47 associate members.
- PROMOTES the Mediterranean area as a cruise destination.
- ADVANCES membership opportunities to host cruise activities.
- ASSISTS its members in benefiting from the growth of the cruise industry.
- INCREASES the efficiency of its members by providing information on industry developments, statistics, and best practices related to cruise port development and management.
- FORMULATES common positions, policies or plans on questions of common interest on cruise-related policies to present to policymakers at regional and international fora.
- DEVELOPS AND FOSTERS good relations and collaboration among all cruise ports of the world and other stakeholders of the cruise industry.
- FORMS a well-balanced Association serving ports of different sizes, and from diverse regions, countries and cultures.
- PROVIDES its members marketing, networking and professional development tools and forums.
Links with other Associations and Institutions
In addition, MedCruise is an affiliate member of UNWTO and is in close relation with other associations and organizations, such as ESPO, CLIA, IAPH, PIANC, AIVP, ASCAME, ELIME, Assoporti, Puertos del Estado, RETE, Mercy Ships developing joint initiatives to promote sustainable cruise activities in the Med and its adjoining seas.
European institutions, including the European Commission, the Committee of the regions, and the Economic and Social Committee are all institutions that invite MedCruise every year to provide its views on cruise port and cruise activities developments.
- Representation and discounts at major Cruise Shipping events
- Constant promotion via the MedCruise website and social media
- Access in MedCruise Studies (statistics, benchmarking, port finance…)
- Links with European and International Associations
- Meeting Cruise Lines during B2B meetings
- Promotion in new source markets such as Asia
- Professional Development Courses free to members.
- Networking opportunities with other members during the MedCruise General Assemblies, exchange experiences, share and develop best practices
- Inclusion in Key directories circulated to cruise industry professionals around the globe (Yearbook, Newsletters, brochures…)