Charity of choice
MedCruise Association signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Mercy Ships on July 16th, 2020.
Mercy Ships is a faith-based international development organization that deploys hospital ships to some of the poorest countries in the world, delivering vital, free healthcare to people in desperate need.
In 1990, Mercy Ships began focusing on program delivery in Africa, with an emphasis on countries ranked by the United Nations Human Development Index among the poorest nations of the world.
Mercy Ships provides:
- Surgery, as well as direct medical and dental care to those in need
- Training and mentoring of local healthcare professionals
- Improvements and renovations to healthcare infrastructure
Since 1978, Mercy Ships has delivered services to more tan 2.71 million direct beneficiaries, providing services valued at over $ 1.53 billion.
- Worked in more than 56 countries
- More than 100.000 life-changing surgical procedures provided
- Trained over 42.250 local healthcare professionals in their field of expertise
- Performed 445.000 dental procedures for over 175.000 dental patients
- Completed over 1.100 infrastructure development and agriculture projects
- Representation and discounts at major Cruise Shipping events
- Constant promotion via the MedCruise website and social media
- Access in MedCruise Studies (statistics, benchmarking, port finance…)
- Links with European and International Associations
- Meeting Cruise Lines during B2B meetings
- Promotion in new source markets such as Asia
- Professional Development Courses free to members.
- Networking opportunities with other members during the MedCruise General Assemblies, exchange experiences, share and develop best practices
- Inclusion in Key directories circulated to cruise industry professionals around the globe (Yearbook, Newsletters, brochures…)