Professional Development Course 2020 (PDC’20)
HOW TO BE AN EFFECTIVE CRUISE PORT EXECUTIVE
CRUISE INDUSTRY – COMMERCIAL | 2 SESSIONS | 1,5 HOUR EACH
The days and time:
- 1st session on June 29 at 15.00 CEST, note that: this time has been selected because of speakers connecting from USA. MedCruise PDC’20 speakers Information
- 2nd session on July 6 at 10:00 CEST.
Topics to be covered in the two sessions:
- How to be an effective cruise port executive. How to best organize yourself and your team to promote your port and prepare the most effective cruise operations.
- How to conduct business post COVID-19. We all needed to adapt the way we work and communicate during COVID-19. Moving forward what will be the friendliest and effective manner to conduct business?
- Top 10 ways to conduct efficient cruise marketing and communication for ports and destinations. Even before COVID-19 there was a need to evaluate traditional marketing and communication practices. How can ports and destination professionals do this in the future?
- How to get the best results when attending cruise events. Do you have a strategy for each event? What to prepare before attending events? How can you measure your ROI?
- Towards a digital commercial environment. Plan your “Non presence” commercial activities. Digital tools, effective video meetings, planning…
1- Virginia López Valiente. CEO Cruises News Media Group. Organizer, moderator and expert in marketing and communication. Based in Madrid.
2- Luis de Carvalho. CEO B&A Europe – Cruise destination development and destination marketing expert. Based in Copenhagen.
3- Michael Van der Beek. Director, Ports and Maritime at Bermello Ajamil & Partners, Inc. – Port and maritime management expert. Based in Miami
4- Thomas Spina. President of Busability. Cruise industry and port operations expert. Based in Miami
June 29, 2020
- 15:00 - 17:00 (CEST)
- 1st session
- this time has been selected because two relevant speakers from the USA will be incorporated to this session.
July 6, 2020
- 10:00 - 12:00 (CEST)
- 2nd session