More than 50 years of experience working side by side with our customers allow us to excel ourselves. Our output is based on closeness to our client as well as guaranteeing fast responsiveness.
- It was in 1960 when Francisco Sánchez founded the pipeline, excavation and demolition business, along with the acquisition of the first excavator and the beginning of a development and expansion project.
- Ten years after, new investments in logistics and machinery and another expansion took place in 1970. Besides, a business development project was well underway.
- In 1980, the first public contract of waste management was agreed, considering flexibility as the key in our service. 7 workers / ~ 300K €.
- 1990 was the year when the aims were directed towards industrial waste collection from the private sector, commencing our sales development through the diversification of the portfolio regarding services and customers.
- Then, the process of acquisition and creation of new divisions started in year 2000, with development of complementary activities. It was also around this time when the geographic expansion around Spain was a reality.
- Later on, in 2015 the big territorial expansion and business development activities focused on global waste management. Material Specialization, Zero Waste management and Circular Economy are fundamental areas.
- Last but not least, 2017 was the time when a new industrial facility in the Port of Barcelona for MARPOL was created, where industrial waste management and treatment processes were performed. This required an investment of +15M€, which allowed the creation of +30 direct jobs. All the efforts granted us technological leadership in the sector.
MARPOL MAIN FEATURES:
The port’s surface has an extension of more than 18.000 m2, holding a 165.000 Tn/year treatment capacity in terms of collection, treatment, storage and disposal:
– Process of waste collection performed 24/7, 365 days per year both by sea and land (customized service).
– Integrated Waste Management Industry, terminals, marpol services, biosanitary & drugs
– Certified destruction, materials and confidential information (Customs)
– Marine fuel production – IFO 380
– Environmental Circular Economy management projects
FACILITIES – TREATMENT & PRODUCTION LINES:
Industrial waste water
Stabilization and Inerting
• 2 Barges
• Multifit Trucks
• Tanker Trucks
• Customized Containers / Bins
* Quality Certification ISO 9001, Environmental Management 14001, Prevention of Occupational Hazards OHSAS 18001, Efficiency Network (Quality mark of the Port of Barcelona).