To enhance the cruise guest experience ashore, the VPCC team has developed a catalogue of more than 100 innovative immersive shore excursion ideas.
Fabulous ecotours are now available in tune with today’s trend in favor of sustainability : e-biking tours in the vineyard, kayaking and birdwatching, hiking in pristine forests.
Gastronomy tours are also very popular and Var Provence offers an array of local products tasting sessions and workshops.
Covered Geographical Area
Experience Var Provence: a destination with many assets
The ports of Var Provence are the ideal gateway to outstanding Provençal sites and fun activities.
DO YOU KNOW THAT VAR PROVENCE…
is the sunniest area in France ?
is the most popular tourist destination after Paris ?
is the second most forested area in France ? A GREEN DESTINATION !
offers 261 miles of coastline (420 km) and 230 beaches
is the 1st beekeeping are in France ?
has 6 specialities known as Protected Designation of Origin including 3 types of wine, honey, figs and olive oil ?
is the world’s Capital of reed, essential for woodwind instruments ?
VAR PROVENCE FIGURES
2 breathtaking bays: The Gulf of Saint-Tropez and the Bay of Toulon, which is the largest one in Europe.
1 Outstanding Natural Site* (out of 41 in France) : the Verdon Canyon
11 Extraordinary Gardens*: 4 at Hyères-les-Palmiers, 2 at La Valette, 1 at Gassin, La Roquebrussanne, Rayol Canadel and Toulon
4 Most beautiful villages (out of 154 in France): Bargème, Gassin, Seillans and Tourtour
These labels have been granted by the Ministry of Communication and Ministry of Ecological solidarity transition
Var Provence has close partnership with local stakeholders and is working with major tourism Authorities : The Var General Council, the Metropolis of Toulon Provence Mediterranée, the 9 cities/ports members. Major event in 2019 : the official signature of the Regional Cruise Tourism sector contract by the Region Sud stakeholders.
In order to reinforce, pool and coordinate the actions carried by the 3 cruise clubs of Marseille Provence, Var Provence and French Riviera each on their territory, one dedicated Cruise sector Contract has been released; it draws 4 majors strategic lines as listed below :
1. Turn river & ocean cruise into one important support of the destination’s sustainable tourist economy while fulfilling the market needs
2. Reinforce or create a regional high end product range offer that answers shipowners, passengers and crew request
3. Build a marketing strategy well-adjusted to the national and international scene
4. Frame, observe and assess the cruise sector
The main purpose of this contract:
- Draw a regional ecosystem in order to welcome cruise passengers and cruise lines
- Escort cruise energy transition in order to respect local residents
- Share over the whole territory the benefits of the industry by turning cruise guests into destination ambassadors and developing pre and post stays
This contract is the result of a common will to work together as one at the regions’s scale, to enhance services and actions alike, hence take part in the economic and sustainable development of Cruise Tourism. THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF THE CRUISE ACTIVITY IS ESTIMATED AT 430 M EUROS IN REGION SUD