Regular members of this Association shall consist of public and government departments, boards, commissions, agencies, authorities and organisations and other bodies, whether public or private and whether incorporated or unincorporated which, in the general interest, exercise powers, jurisdiction or authority or are charged with duties with respect to the planning, development and operation of ports, provided that such ports shall offer adequate facilities for the safe handling of passenger ships, in accordance with criteria established by the General Assembly.
Procedure to become a Regular Member
As the MedCruise Constitution states, Article IV.1.7, the procedure to become a regular member shall be as follows:
- Applications for membership shall be submitted to the Interim Secretary General -Ms. Anja Lohrum; email@example.com
- The Secretary General shall study if the applicant meets the requirements and shall do a report to be presented to the Board of Directors
- Any such election to membership shall be considered and subsequently approved or otherwise by the Board of Directors
- The General Assembly shall make the final decision about the membership *
- After this approval, the applicant shall become a Regular member when he does the corresponding payments: admission fee (10,000 euros paid once) and annual fee (2024 annual fee stands at 5,400 euros)
(FYI: Half of the Admission fee (5,000€) shall be paid before the General Assembly where the new port member will be presented).
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the MedCruise family so that you can take advantage of the many benefits our Association is offering.
* After your membership application has been approved by the Board of Directors, it will be moved to the next step of the constitutional procedure which is the official approval in the next General Assembly to take place in Spring and Autumn every year, where you will be invited as observers and you will be given the opportunity to present your port to the Association.
Until the official approval, you will have the chance to enjoy partially the MedCruise membership benefits (for example receiving all informative and updated emails, access to reports, participating in the Morning Coffees and other webinars and online sessions).
Following the approval of your membership you will fully enjoy the membership benefits such as access to the MedCruise online community, participation in the B2B meetings during MedCruise GAs, taking advantage of MedCruise stand in Seatrade events and organise receptions and B2B meetings, participation in the Professional Development Courses and many others.
MedCruise Secretariat remains at your disposal.
- Meeting Cruise Lines during B2B meetings
- Links with European and International Associations
- Professional Development Courses free to members
- Working groups
- Representation and discounts at major Cruise Shipping events
- Constant promotion via the MedCruise website and social media
- Access to MedCruise Studies, data and statistics
- Networking opportunities with other members during the MedCruise General Assemblies, exchange experiences, share and develop best practices
- Inclusion in Key directories circulated to cruise industry professionals around the globe