Make your Mediterranean dream come true call in Corsica island!
With 8 diﬀerent ports in the heart of the Mediterranean, Corsica Ports provide a global and diversiﬁed oﬀer to cruise lines, in one of the most beautiful island in the world. Mixing glamour spots and genuine soul, the island of Corsica is famous worldwide. As a matter of fact, most people come to enjoy this “mountain in the sea” where it is easy, in the same day, to hike and go to the beach before dinner in a gourmet restaurant in a small ﬁshing port.
Corsican gastronomy is renowned because of its delightful and authentic products: wines, cheeses, honey, olive oil, chestnut ﬂoor, delicatessen, biscuits, sweets, essential oils… Corsica is crossed with diﬀerent thematic roads called “Road of Wines” and “Road of Authentic Senses”, where you can discover this real heritage and meet the women and men who build it all year long.
Far away from overcrowded destinations, Corsica is the perfect match between nature and culture, sea and mountain, sport and leisure. And this is what you can find in the 8 cruise ports of Corsica and that’s also the reason why the cruise tourism is varied and suitable to all types of clients. Every cruiser can make his Mediterranean dream come true in Corsica discovering :
– Ajaccio, the Imperial call, capital of Corsica & birth place of Napoleon Bonaparte, is a city on a human scale nestled in the heart of one of the most beautiful bays in the world. Bordered by white sandy beaches, surrounded by mountains which peaks remain snowy until summer, is beloved for its year-round sunny climate and its relaxing art of living. Leading welcoming cruise port of the island, the place welcomes, for years now, all new ships’ generations, with an average of 180 calls & 400,000 passengers annually.
– Bastia, considered to be the cultural capital of Corsica, and its Museum of History, nestled in the ancient Palace of the Genoese Governors, in the citadel which overhangs the old city and old harbour.
– Bonifacio, is the most visited place in Corsica and it is not by chance. Surrounded by dizzying white cliffs, bathed in an endless turquoise sea and steeped in history, Bonifacio has always been a source of wonder and a change of scenery for its visitors… this stopover, promises breathtaking sceneries, famous for yachting and golf practice, is the perfect match between refinement and adventure!
– Calvi, where the Legend says Christophe Colombus was born, brings you to the clear waters of the Nature Reserve of Scandola, UNESCO World heritage.
– L’Ile-Rousse, city of the 18th century with a real genuine soul, in the heart of the so-called “Garden of Corsica”, overhung by amazing picturesque villages.
– Porto-Vecchio, is the perfect blend of glamour and tradition. The small city reveals its lively streets, the remains of its citadel and Genoese fortifications, its gastronomic addresses, its luxury brands shops… Its region, of great beauty, is a stopover of choice for those who wish to alternate between heavenly beaches (among the most beautiful of the island) and spectacular mountain scenery which offers a natural playground.
– Propriano, is nestled in the heart of one of the most typical regions of Corsica for its natural attractions and its many cultural riches. The port offers a perfect gateway to the Sartenais-Valinco-Taravo region, a land of contrasts and abundance, a journey that will lead you to discover a protected heritage, archaeological sites, museums, Genoese towers and emblematic villages. The coast, shaded in blue, sheltered by wild beaches… here are all the ingredients for a perfectly successful day’s holiday.
– Saint Florent, a typical ﬁshing village surrounded by vineyards and heavenly beaches, situated in unique preserved landscape.